So I’ve used my trusted little leapup script for an upgrade from 42.3 to 15.0, and in three out of three cases it was not fun…
On my two cloud servers all I had was some glitchiness with the firewall, and I have to figure out how to rebuilt the latest version ot the xtables addons on Leap 15.
On my desktop I guess I’ve screwed up during the first stage of the upgrade, and missed one dependency quirk or someting, but … that left me dead in the water on that machine. Actually had to do a standard upgrade from DVD on that one.
I am not looking forward to upgrading the main firewall. Guess that’ll wait until my laptop comes back from repairs so I can use that one as a second testbed.
That being said, I found a few typos in my leapup script that bit me in the *** too.